General Terms and Conditions
Gliding Eagle Wine Services ("GEWS") is a part of Gliding Eagle Inc. ("GEI"), a corporation registered in California, USA.
Gliding Eagle means either or both GEI and GEWS. This Agreement may use gliding Eagle, GEI, and GEWS interchangeably.
The following simplified General Terms and Conditions are agreed upon between Gliding Eagle and any users utilizing Gliding Eagle's Intl DTC Wine Services and online applications, except for Contracted Clients who agreed to Terms of Service for Contracted Clients.
Terms of Service
- The actual cost of the shipment may vary depending upon our final assessment of products, global logistics costs, and compliance filings following stringent customs regulations. GEWS reserves the right to change prices at any time. We will honor previous price quotes within 30 days of any price adjustments for Contracted Winery Clients.
- GEWS may inform the customer of the final price before processing payment if there is an error in any quotes via the DTC app.
- GEWS will declare total quantities and purchase prices (supplied by the customer) on all international customs forms.
- GEWS fully insures all shipments against loss or breakage during transit for the wine value declared by the customer, except for temperature-related damages. GEWS is not responsible for any issues reported after 21 days from the date the shipment is marked as Delivered by the carrier.
- Wines shipped via GEWS are not for commercial resale. As per international delivery guidelines, all packages must be marked "Personal Use - Not for Resale" or "Commercial Samples - Not for Resale."
- GEWS is not responsible for Customs issues due to erroneous value declarations, stated purpose, or wines taken by Customs for any reason.
- GEWS does not guarantee delivery times because customs clearance time and global supply chain logistics are beyond the scope of control. Only likely expected delivery times are provided.
- GEWS provides the customer Direct-To-Consumer delivery service. GEWS, wineries, retailers, hotels, or their affiliates do not assume liability for this shipment.
- GEWS reserves the right to refuse service to any customer. Customers agree to GEWS's support priority with expected response times and service pricing.
- GEWS does not own the titles of the wines stored at our facilities, thus not responsible and not held liable for any loss or damages for them while stored at the facility. Any wines not claimed for more than 120 days will be destroyed. We will notify customers of 30, 60, and 90 days reminders as goodwill and courtesy.
- Gliding Eagle reserves the right to modify and update these Terms and Conditions to reflect business changes and abide by legal and regulatory requirements. All users agree to these modifications as long as they continue to use Gliding Eagle's services.
- This Agreement will be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. All parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within Napa County, California, to resolve any legal disputes.